The Holidays are on us, so is the time many bake and cook, a lot! Jiva Organic Foods can help with your Holiday preparations. I was able to review their Organic Ground Nutmeg.
Nutmeg is used in various foods and drinks. Some foods include: Pumpkin Pie, Pumpkin Rolls, Eggnog, Sweet Potatoes, Apple Pies and so much more! I even heard of people using it on meats.
Jiva Organic Nutmeg has a nice aroma to it, stronger than other nutmeg I have bought. To me that says freshness! Jiva Nutmeg plusses: all natural, no salt, No MSG, No GMO, No ethylene Oxide (ETO) treatment and Non-Irradiated.
What is Non Irradiated? I wasn’t sure what this was so I researched it and this is what I found on the FDA site:
Irradiation can serve many purposes.
- Prevention of Foodborne Illness – irradiation can be used to effectively eliminate organisms that cause foodborne illness, such as Salmonella and Escherichia coli (E. coli).
- Preservation – irradiation can be used to destroy or inactivate organisms that cause spoilage and decomposition and extend the shelf life of foods.
- Control of Insects – irradiation can be used to destroy insects in or on tropical fruits imported into the United States. Irradiation also decreases the need for other pest-control practices that may harm the fruit.
- Delay of Sprouting and Ripening – irradiation can be used to inhibit sprouting (e.g., potatoes) and delay ripening of fruit to increase longevity.
- Sterilization – irradiation can be used to sterilize foods, which can then be stored for years without refrigeration. Sterilized foods are useful in hospitals for patients with severely impaired immune systems, such as patients with AIDS or undergoing chemotherapy. Foods that are sterilized by irradiation are exposed to substantially higher levels of treatment than those approved for general use.
I never heard of this before. The FDA site enlightened me on it. Click HERE to read more.
About Jiva Organics
At Jiva Organics, our mission is simple – to make high quality, fully organic foods accessible to everyone.
Jiva Organics is a small, family business started right here in the USA.
As opposed to the larger organic brands, Jiva Organics was started as our way of trying to make a difference in the world through what we know best…food! With over 25 years of experience in the food industry, we simply got tired of seeing the amount of chemicals, pesticides, and artificial colors being used in the most basic of ingredients. We just didn’t feel right about putting these in the environment and in our bodies.
So we decided to start Jiva Organics in 2014. Jiva Organics offers a line of pure, natural, and organic spices, lentils, flours, and more that you can trust. We are committed to bringing the best products available from certified organic farms and ensuring that they provide an incredible value. Thanks for visiting us and we welcome you to our family!
USDA certified organic products have strict production and labeling requirements. The U.S. organic industry is regulated by the National Organic Program (NOP), part of USDA’s Agricultural Marketing Service. Certified organic products are produced without excluded methods such as genetic engineering or genetically modified organisms (GMOs). The organic standards are designed to allow natural substances in organic farming while prohibiting synthetic substances. Jiva Organics products are all USDA Organic certified and meet these requirements
.Not only do they carry spices like nutmeg. They also have beans and dals, flours and rock sugar candy. You can see all their products HERE.